DAY BY DAY

Amazon

Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9, 2011

My Nikon D60 flash is broken. While I was shooting the Habitat House 80 build this weekend, dropped my camera on to the drought harden Texas soil. Now the build in flash does not communicate with the camera. I have already sent it off to the Nikon Service Center in California. So for the next few weeks I will be using my old Canon A530 . It is a good 5.0 mega-pixels camera, with a 4x optical zoom, point and shoot.

Dad has started his fall garden. He is planting beans, tomatoes, and pepper so far.

He is also working on a woodworking project for Habitat for Humanity of Southern Brazoria County and the Brazosport Art League. Each year my father makes items which they auction off at the Art League silent auction for Habitat for Humanity.

This year my father decide on making candy trays. My sister, Elizabeth, painted the center of tray as a finishing touch. You can see more of my Dad's woodworking at my Flickr web page.

One of the Lake Jacksons' Habitat volunteer's has written a book called Lake Jackson (Images of America) [Paperback] by Harry Sargent. It is the history of Lake Jackson with pictures and captions to the present day. Note it is only 128 pages long. It is on my wish list to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment